Stray Dog Capital is a Venture Capital firm that invests in exciting early-stage startups in food, food technology, synthetic biology, and cellular agriculture. We are a leader in our field and provide capital and resources to accelerate the growth of talented entrepreneurs who will have an outsize impact on the marketplace. We pride ourselves on bringing a diverse point of view to the venture capital space and to our team composition.
We are seeking a Venture Analyst who will perform a wide range of activities including investment screening, due diligence, portfolio management and process optimization. The role will closely interact with entrepreneurs, other investors, and key opinion leaders in the market.
This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about Venture Capital and enter this incredibly competitive field.
- Support the deal sourcing process by identifying and screening investment opportunities and their alignment with the fund’s core investment themes
- Perform and coordinate due diligence activities such as market sizing, industry and sector analysis, competitive positioning, technical feasibility, and other areas critical to investment evaluation
- Develop financial models and analysis that forecast business performance, costs, and simulate potential return scenarios
- Author investment memos that summarize diligence findings, strengths, and risks
- Maintain market valuation and investment data to aid the team in properly assessing potential investments.
- Support ongoing portfolio management and monitoring efforts as well as ad-hoc value-add initiatives around strategy, operations, financing, and more
- Support authoring a variety of written materials including quarterly investor reports, monthly CEO newsletters, and annual internal portfolio reports
- Assist the team in managing and monitoring investments, including analyzing portfolio company performance and development/tracking of KPIs
- Enhance the Stray Dog Capital brand through social media, PR support, and other branding efforts.
- Work with rest of team on other informational and reporting needs
- Help recruit, manage, and mentor SDC interns and support the Latinx in VC program, a Hispanic-majority university program
- Degree in Business Administration or another relevant degree (MBA is a plus)
- 2-4 years of relevant experience preferred (consulting, investment banking, business, marketing, financial, accounting, entrepreneurship, engineering, etc.)
- Quantitative and analytical skills – you are very comfortable with Excel.
- Self-guided and with high levels of initiative
- Sense of urgency, ability to manage multiple priorities. Excellent organizational skills
- Great written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; high EQ
- Ability to summarize and synthesize information succinctly.
- Passion for serving and growing underserved markets.
- “Can do” entrepreneurial attitude and a propensity to figure out a way to get things done, no matter the obstacles.
- Highly curious, continuous learner
- Role Base Compensation: $75,000 (including bonus) and includes generous medical insurance, 401 (k) and pet insurance benefits.
- Diverse applicants are welcome!
- We are open to remote work arrangements.
- Ability to make a significant impact due to small team size and dynamic, start-up environment.
- Working Environment: Our extended team (16+ members) is a dynamic, friendly, fun, and constructive environment. We pride ourselves on having an inclusive and thriving culture and team.